Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Painting a rubik's cube with nail polish?

Ok im tired of the stickers on the rubik's cube and i want to paint it. I already know i can use spray paint but that's not an option right now. so i looked online and saw you can use nail polish my question is will it damage the plastic like melt it or eat at it?Painting a rubik's cube with nail polish?
No it won't damage the plastic. The trick is that you have to find good colors and a high quality polish. Do each piece individually when the cube is taken apart, and put together only once it is fully dry.





Also if you want to never have to deal with sticker problems again, then I suggest getting cubesmith smooth tiles





http://www.cubesmith.com i think is the linkPainting a rubik's cube with nail polish?
No, the nail polish shouldn't damage the plastic or eat at it. Only petroleum based products will eat at the plastic, so try reading what's in your nail polish before you use it on your cube. Although I'm not sure if nail polish will show up very well on black plastic, but it's up to you. If I was to paint my cube, I wouldn't use nail polish, I'd just wait and get spray paint (wouldn't recommend paint paint)
No it shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin