Monday, June 21, 2010

Why do parents hate when there kids wear black nail polish???

I';m 14 and my parent's hate it!!! why???Why do parents hate when there kids wear black nail polish???
i know its retarded! amenWhy do parents hate when there kids wear black nail polish???
you may understand when you get older. it's a wierd thing that happens to you when you become a parent.but all in all it's not so bad.
i wear black nail polish and my parents dont mind ask your parents wat they have against it you may get your answer
Because they don't want other people to think their kids are retarded.
Because it is so ugly.
Parents most of the times see the colour black as a bad thing because they usually associate it to gothic stuff, rebel, wild, and also see it as something not very sophisticated on girls, and that if they go out in public probably other people would think that's soemthing bad specially grown ups. Just for the rebel thing and affraid that its a sign of maybe going to the wrong side as some ppl call it meaning drugs, etc. Believe me, I have a close friend that told me that and she always had her nails wearing black.
Mine are the same way. I have no idea.
They're scared you might rebel against them.





(there is nothing wrong with being goth!!! To all those idiots.)
Have you considered the feeling of your parents before choosing black and wearing nail polish? I know you probably feel like you are old enough to make this decision by yourself but next time try talking to your parents and find out their reasons why. Use the I feel this when you say or do this...It goes a long way. Make sure to keep the lines of communication open. I know I made a lot of decisions that made my mom wonder why but I talked to her about them and we have a great relationship now that I am an adult.
are you gothic? That might be the reason
Probably because they are afraid you will end up all Gothic. Like el-vira or whatever her name was.
same with me its because they think its the devils color or its to dark an evill color
cuz they might think ur goth!!
Because it looks bad and it symbolises death. The last thing your parents want to do is think of you dead!
Because it just looks stupid. Who do you see in life that wears black nail polish other than some maladjusted teenager? Get real. Get rid of the black nail polish, straighten up and fly right!
A kid that wears black nail polish is saying ';I have disdain for mainstream society'; and its usually because they don't feel like they fit in. So, a parent will wonder ';why doesn't my kid fit in?';
They probably think you'll turn Gothic and start rebelling. Trust me, my mom didn't want me to either, but she let me wear it to a rock concert. She just thinks it's satanic and stuff. I'd try explaining to them that it's just nail polish and it doesn't mean anything.
i guess the bigger question is why do you wear it? it looks like death or like a witch- parents like to think of their children as being classy and well brought up w/o tatoos, black nailpolish, earrings in their navel etc- Not to mention they may think you're into drugs, depressed, rebelious etc-(not saying you are or that it even remotely indicates you are), but parents worry. it does look very goth and just not a good look in my opinion- do you see any people known for having amazing fashion sense wearing black nail polish?- it def. sends a message that parents don't want their little girls to send especially at 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin